12.17.2011

A Wish for Parents at the Holidays

The holidays are the fabled time for family, but with children out of school, in-laws in town, parties to attend, and food to prepare, it is easy to forget to enjoy your them, so below are my holiday wishes for busy parents.

I hope that you have one day where you are the parent that you want to be.

I hope that you are patient with those around you and even more patient with yourself.

I hope that you accept help when it is offered and do not try to shoulder all responsibilities.

I hope that you take a few hours to do something for yourself.

I hope you take your children and, together, do something for someone else.

I hope that you find joy in giving.

I hope someone genuinely thanks you and that you do the same.

I hope that you share a silly moment with your children and that you both enjoy it.

I hope that you have one adventure with your children, whose story you will share with their children.

I hope that you put down the camera and revel in the best moments of your holiday.

I hope that you pick up the phone or reach out your hand to those whose presence is a gift in your life.

I hope if there is someone missing from your holiday that you celebrate their memory and contributions.

I hope you share one holiday tradition from your childhood with your children.

I hope that you hear your favorite carol and sing along as loudly as you would like.

I hope that you encourage your children's beliefs. 

I hope that you have one moment where the only words that ring in your mind are "thank you."


Wishing you and your family health, happiness and simply a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment