9.13.2011

Active Diaper Bag

From carriers to jogging strollers, I made every effort to make my son portable, but parenting would be too easy if we just had to tote our children, so the make sure that we are adequatley challenged, with them comes six tons of stuff....or so new parents think.

But as you gain a few months, outings, and confidence in general, you realize that you do not need the massive diaper bag, nor do you want to have to lug the extra fifteen pounds, as your little one is slowly coming to weigh as much as the bag, and by the time they are walking, you need both hands free to chase your little speed demon.

Mountainsmith Tour Recycled-Fabric Lumbar Pack
This pack comes in a range of colors and sizes.
Back in my single days, I loved to hike, so once I realized that I wanted something more compact, not to mention more rugged, as my diaper bag got dropped, soiled, and dragged, I reached for my retired lumbar pack.  I have not used anything else ever since and here is why:

-The strap that is meant to fit around the waist is perfect for tossing over your head and wearing over one shoulder, diagonally across your back (think messenger bag), though it can simply hang off of one shoulder.  For a quick trip, simply slip your arm through the top straps.

-You child is not the only one who drinks, and this bag has an adjustable cup pocket on both sides so that nothing spills.

-With multiple zippered pockets, you can easily separate credit cards, phone, diapers, and snack.

-Bright lining makes it easy to find items with a quick glance so that you can stay focused on your little one.

-Measuring 10in(h)x11.5x5(d) and at only 1lb 5oz, it is quite light.

-Best of all, you can hose it off and it looks brand new, as these bags are made to last....even through toddlers.

For those of you seeking cutesy baby stuff, this is not your answer, but if you are active, have an active little one, or just want something indestructible, the option is worth exploring if only because of the comments that I get from dads: "look, it's a cool diaper bag" and "I would actually carry that."

Related posts from Healthy. Happy. Simple.:
Find the right baby jogger for your lifestyle

The reality of making your own baby food (you really can do it!)

Help with highchairs

What you need to consider before making your first batch of baby food

No comments:

Post a Comment