9.25.2011

Try It Bite #4

"Man cannot live by bread[ing] alone."  I love spicy foods, and when I eat fast foods, I cannot resist a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's or Chick-fil-a, but both are coated in a layer of added calories that gives them their heat (actually, I have heard that Chic-fil-a soaks their chicken so that there is spice in the meat, but it may only be a fantastic rumor!).  So as I remove the excess bun (see previous "Try It Bite"), I also remove the excess deep-fried breading that collects on the edges, as it is only greasy mush that my arteries will be happier without. 

The next time you eat a fast food meal, pile up the bun and excess fried mush, and see how much of that $4 sandwich is left; it may be shocking enough to make you bring your lunch more often!

Related posts from Healthy.Happy.Simple.:

Try It Bite #1: Beat the Bun

Recipe: Healthy French Fries

Finding the best meat for your burger.

Amazing sandwich ideas that combine health and taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment